Tuesday, April 3

So nostalgic

Actually snitched the idea for this post from several other blogs.


Remember how much these things used to be the fad many eons ago?




This autograph book was given to me as a present from my babysitter. And I've been using it from my late primary to early secondary years, back when having one of these things was considered cool.

And wayy before that (i suppose during my early primary days), biodata books used to be the en vogue. I could still remember just how comprehensive every detail has got to be. Apart from the normal name, DOB, fav food/drinks etc, we would even come to an extent of listing this:

- Normal friends:
- Good friends:
- Best friends:

Funny huh. I have no idea how I classified my friends into those categories back then. Or did i not?

My autograph book has Garfields on every page. Garfield! Do you know that carrying one of those merchandise at present time is like commiting the 14th deadly sin?!

Flipping through the pages brought back a lot of memories. So nostalgic!

And it's actually not surprising that the first person who signed this book was the Filipino maid we had years ago.




Got picture some more. Kindda freaks me out now.

Somehow the book was also passed on to the maid who lives opposite our house. And i noticed one similarity. Both hoped to be successful businesswomen in the future. Hm..

Next was this.




Mistake #1: my name. It's not DebbiE. Jeez. As i was browsing the book, I noticed that my name was actually spelt in numerous different ways. Debbi, Debbie, Debby, Chai Qijun etc. (no DebbOs or beddis) One of the teachers even called me 'Girl'. @#$% she obviously doesn't know my name. Quite a blatant one at that too!


Back to the autograph. Hope i will success in life? Uh huh. Who's the heck is Pn. Rosma anyway? Can't seem to recall. But something at the back of my head is telling me that she's an English teacher.

As usual, most of the people would write sentimental crap saying how much they treasure our friendship and would go as far as to attempt to assure me that I will never, ever, be forgotten.

I'm sure I would have conscientiously written the same corny stuff in other people's autograph books. It's very ironic, cuz as I was leafing through the book, I realised that I don't remember half of the people who left the messages (erm, mostly the Malay gals. probably it's because they all looked the same. harhar).




That was Izyan's. She's one friend I definately won't forget :)

Next would be this. It's by a Japanese girl who was in our class for some student's exchange programme thingy.




I have yet to discover what those Japanese letters actually meant.

...

Moving on.

I also noticed that A LOT of my friends hoped to be lawyers in the future, many of whom are currently pursuing other courses at the moment.

One of them wanted ME to be a lawyer.




Lol.

Conrad stated that he wants to be a biochemist, and he is currently tightly set on komunikasi, i meant mass comm, instead. My cousin said she wants to be a 'gradegrandmother'. That is SO cute!







Kiat Hwa! What happened? We could have been going to uni and studying together right now!

Not to forget, I was once cursed to get only 5As in every exam. Thank goodness I had more than that for both PMR and SPM.




My, I really miss those days.

And last but not least, Loy Yang's :)




Amen.

13 comments:

Peggy @ Han Wellness 4/03/2007 11:20 AM  

bi.....
cant call u debbo.... debbu boleh?
wakakakakaka >=)
wheres mine?
u tear it off?
/sob......
n then the last picture.....
got ppls sure name is china 1???
hm....
interesting

beddi 4/03/2007 11:27 AM  

hey don't debbo debbu debbaii my name. haha.

ceh, u didn't sign also *swt*

where got china? see properly... or click to enlarge :D

Yenny 4/03/2007 7:41 PM  

Hey...Pn Rosma WAS indeed our English Teacher.... but I also forget in which form liau....hahahahah...maybe form 1, after Pn Ezareen left???
I remembered how she looked though....anyway,never thought May wants you to be a lawyer.... wakakakakakakakak

Peggy @ Han Wellness 4/04/2007 11:04 AM  

juz realised i type surname jadi surename...
hahahhhah
debbaiii.......
dubai boleh?

CyRu5 4/04/2007 2:21 PM  

Hey Dubai sounds nice!!

i don't remember writing those btw...

ivyman 4/04/2007 7:24 PM  

deary ar,

i dun mean to curse la.. dat time i tot all exams only 5 subjects.. so, of course 5A for all exams ler..

in fact i dun even know wat is UPSR until i was in 6A.. hahahaha..

wat i meant is u getting As in all exams!! lolz..

beddi 4/04/2007 8:45 PM  

we were all little kuchi brats at that time. haha. hence all the hilarious autographs.

yenny, you even drew a smiley on my autograph book and coloured it yellow :)

and no, no dubai... debbi's just perfect. lol.

ivy, no worries. haha. true. it's just like pts. i took it without even knowing what was it for. why didn't anyone tell me that i could actually skip std 4 if i did good? huh.

-conRad- 4/05/2007 10:43 PM  

I cant believe I wanted to be a biochemist !!! ( parents la )

I didn't know what PTS and UPSR were for . . . I just thought " Oh ! Another test ! "

Dubai sounds nice but when you say it, u think of the country and being extremely rich . . . debbi is nowhere near that ! Ahahaha . . . !

I have no recollection of writing in your book, infact at that time I was so sick of writing in those books I just stuck with certain replys and just wrote that over and over again . . .

PS: ppl still acually give those autograph books out u noe . . . still stuck in the past !

ivyman 4/08/2007 2:48 PM  

ooowwwhh, how i miss d past... can we rewind life??? time juz passed by too fast.. who knows, we will be old grandpas and grandnannies wif d blink of an eye.. lolz

oh, i m getting old.. sighz...

Peggy @ Han Wellness 4/15/2007 9:51 AM  

eh eh eh....
i saw shawn punya frenster....
mana denzel punya....?

beddi 4/16/2007 9:26 PM  

denzel? i'd strangle him if he has friendster :)

ivyman 4/22/2007 1:10 PM  

why strangle denzel if he has an account?? isnt dat marvelous?? siblings adding each other.. hahahahaha

and, denzel is not allowed to get any rounder *punch punch*

beddi 5/17/2007 9:50 AM  

he sure does.

edward?
CHILIS!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP